“So dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable . Always work enthusiastically for the Lord , for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
“Unclaimed opportunities” is another way to say “help wanted”. We always need help at ETS, more so now that we have lost several volunteers and one staff worker last year.
Helping as a volunteer is not only a satisfying experience, where you can make a difference for God’s Kingdom, it can help you in other ways:
- · It looks good on a resume , if you are looking for a full time job
- · It is a great way to learn new skills.
- · It is a way to spend quality time with other believers, and meet missionaries from all over the world, while working on a project that will have lasting impact on people you may never meet.
Do you live in the Shenandoah Valley ? Do you have a couple of hours you could donate to ETS on a weekly basis? Could you donate a day or half a day? We are looking for local people who can commit a few hours a week to:
- · help pick up or deliver equipment and supplies
- · sort and pack clothing, medical supplies, books and literature
- · office help, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, etc.
- · help manage inventory
- · (for those with appropriate skills) repair equipment and help maintain our building and vehicles
The ETS Staff