The Lord needed a whale (or a great fish ) to get Jonah's attention.
He only needed a chicken for me!
Jan and I arrived home late after ten days away. I ran down to Kroger to get a rotisserie chicken for supper. Jan got sick the next day. A day later that mean bird got me!
Fourteen days later, including eleven in the hospital, I was out and on the road again.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR MINISTRY FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS FOR THE CALLS, CARDS,VISITS AND PRAYERS.
Here are a few things I learned while in the hospital.
- Most television programs are immoral, utterly stupid or could be used in lieu of water boarding to extract information from hardened terrorists.
- The medical profession has a profound fascination with patient "outputs".
- A cracker, cup of broth, green jello and red "ices" are a gourmet feast after six days without food or drink.
- A cell phone and laptop make a fully functional remote office possible. I even got to listen to classical music while I worker.
- "Room Service" (nursing personnel) is especially attentive at midnight, 2 A.M., 4 A.M., etc.
- Medicare has its problems but is a great blessing to those of us of a certain age.
- God is good..all the time.
- The ETS Staff and volunteers did a great job in my absence.
- I enjoyed a good time for reading, reflection, evaluation and planning for the future.